The First National Bank of Arenzville and our branch banks on South Main in South Jacksonville and on West Morton in Jacksonville, have a long history that began in 1882. Originally established as The People’s Bank of Arenzville, our name was changed to The First National Bank of Arenzville upon receiving a charter under the National Bank Act of 1903.
Over the years, we have weathered the stock market crash of 1929, the Great Depression, a bank robbery and the technology revolution. Our doors have never closed and we still count among our Directors and Stockholders many descendants of the founding officers.
We began as an independent locally owned “Real Community Bank” and that is what we are today. We are committed to the communities we serve and the people who come through our doors. This commitment is evidenced by our mission statement, which every employee strives to fulfill each and every day.